Tuesday 7 March 2017

Water Colour Techniques Class

At my weekly Adult Learning Card Making Class I taught them 10 days ago a few fun Water Colour Painting Techniques. Smooshing was everyone's favourite and fun technique. I made a few cards with my sample 4x4 sized Watercolor Paper samples. Using Watercolor Paints with lots of water and paint droplets on sturdy plastic or your 4" × 5" My Acrylix® Blockthen turn it over and SMOOSH the paint onto your paper to create interesting organic designs. 

Note: I did mention this technique on the Tea-rrific S1703 CTMH Australasian Blog Hop
See below Mothers Day card also shown on that Blog Hop. 

Following on from this theme this weekend I used my watercolour samples and made another similar card using that Tea-rrific—March Stamp of the Month and Workshops Your Way® Sugar Rush Scrapbooking Kit paper. 

I used White Twine to add the tea bag tag and used Black Memento™ Ink Pad to to stamp them and my ShinHan markers to colour in the tag. I put washi tape on the back to hold the twine in place.


 One of my ladies made the following card at the class with the Smooshing Technique and Balloon Wishes stamp set. She used some 3-D Foam Tape to add dimension to the title. I loved her card so asked if I could take a photo and post to my blog.

 Another lady Helen took her watercolour paper home and created cards and brought them back this last Thursday. She did smooshing technique below with 3 or 4 main colours and got a grid sort of smooshed area. She then cut a circle out using a thin cut die (Thin Cuts—Basic Circles are on 25% discount this month). The stamps she used are her own. Again I was super impressed with what she had done with her Watercolour practice piece that I took a photo.


Helen also did the varigated wash sample and stamped the Balloon Wishes stamp at class and then took it home to mount it and stamp the title and butterflies with her own stamps. Such a pretty card she made. I was so impressed with her creation.

I have loved teaching these techniques - along with a bunch of others as seen in the blog hop and other cards I've made. 

One of my ladies only comes every second week so I'm looking forward to this Thursday to see what she made with her watercolour samples that she took home to stamp and make into a card. 


No comments:

Post a Comment