Wednesday 1 June 2016

The Long Way Home June SOTM Australasian Blog Hop

Welcome to our Australasian Blog Hop. We have all been creating with "The Long Way Home—June Stamp of the MonthStamp set. 

If you have arrived here from Doris Taylor Creative Inspirations then you are in the right place. If you landed here another way, please join in by following the link at the end of this post. Follow the links, check out all the amazing ideas and eventually you'll come right back here to where you started. 

Today I would like to share with you my projects which features the The Long Way Home—June Stamp of the Month available exclusively throughout June 2016 for $27 or for just $7.50 when you spend $75.



I LOVE this stamp set and plan to make some Scrapbook pages of my daughters first bike ride without her training wheels. Its so perfect for it because we were on a family holiday in Bunbury (2.5 hrs south of where we live), when we took those photos. I haven't had a chance to get those photos printed yet so its going to happen next time!


I am still in the mode of making Baby Cards (see last blog hop about Georgie Workshop on the Go) and thought the "Miles of Smiles" title would look great on a baby card. 

I have been making cards with the Wild Wonders baby stamp set (as per the last blog hop) and I thought the Giraffe would suit the Miles of Smiles - because the neck of a giraffe is miles and miles long... 

or is it...


Okay so I wanted to make the giraffes neck EVEN Longer... So I inked up the bottom half of the giraffe with Slate Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad and stamped that directly on the 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack card. 


Next I cleaned the stamp with My Acrylix® Spritz Cleaner and My Acrylix® Stamp Scrubber.
I made sure the stamp was completely dry by stamping a few times on my scrap paper. Then I inked the Top half of the giraffe - its head and neck only. 

Then I stamped the top half, lining it up as well as I could. 


He turned out really cute. With a really, really long neck! I was planning to hide the join line but it was pretty good and could have been covered with a Bow or ribbon or something to hide the join if you were making him at another time. 

To finish off the card I put 1 x 5.5 inch strips of yellow paper from the Workshops on the Go® Georgie Scrapbooking Kit with the stamps from the Wild Wonders stamp set wording plus Hopscotch Alphabet to spell "baby".

Then 1 inch squares of the yellow Georgie paper at the top. All Stamped with Slate Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad. The Miles of Smiles sign was stamped on 12" X 12" White Daisy Cardstock with Slate Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad. I stuck on the sign of Miles of Smiles with 3-D Foam Tape for some dimension. 

TIP: To cut the Gold Shimmer Trim in half. 
1. Remove the Shimmer Trim backing and lightly adhere the 5.5 inches of shimmer trim equally one quarter inch on each side of the cut line on the SureCut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
2. Slide the blade up to cut the shimmer trim in half. 
3. Remove the Shimmer Trim from the trimmer and adhere on either side of the B&T paper on your card. Don't leave it there too long or it will become harder to remove from the trimmer. 


Remember this great stamp set  The Long Way Home—June Stamp of the Month is only available throughout June from my website or from your Close to My Heart Consultant

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project, I hope you get inspired. I'm really interested to hear what you think about it, so I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop on our Australasian Blog Hop which is Tanya- Happy Papercrafting.

Come back to see me again soon.



12 comments:

  1. Love this for a different use of the stamp set- I have this giraffe too so may have to try your method!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a cute giraffe Lauren, I hope you do make him - I'd love to see your variation!

      Delete
  2. Well that is a totally different look to using the stamp set - love how you extended the Giraffe's neck - great idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maz, I've got Baby cards on the brain at the moment Maz... so I made the travel stamp into a baby stamp :) heheheheee...

      Delete
  3. Great technique that you shared to make that cute giraffe with the extra long neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doris, I like my blog posts to be informative!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous card and clever use of the stamps Vandra. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaunna, I planned to make a page too but didn't make it in time for the blog hop.

      Delete
  5. The phrase definitely works with the giraffe stamp. Such a great use of stamp combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work V! :) well done. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daena. More cards for all the friends having babies!

      Delete