Friday 14 September 2018

Peacock, Kraft & Ruby Colour Dare Challenge #310

My second blog for the design team the Colour Dare Colour Challenge for #310. I found it really interesting that this post is my 110th post on my blog, so those numbers actually line up nicely.

This week's challenge #310 was to use Peacock, Kraft, Ruby with optional Gold. 
B1631, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, #CTMHVandra, peacock, Kraft, Ruby, Gold, thinking of you, typewriter, hearts, banner, cardmaking, stamping, Challenge,
Guidelines on Neutrals:  White, Cream, Black, Gray, Kraft and Brown(s) are free to use.  Unless they're listed in the challenge then you need to use them (like Kraft is, in this challenge). 


B1631, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, #CTMHVandra, peacock, Kraft, Ruby, Gold, thinking of you, typewriter, hearts, banner, cardmaking, stamping, Challenge,
I pulled out my My Type of Note (pic below) stamp set and I used Peacock ink to stamp the typewriter. I LOVE Peacock, its one of my absolute favourite colours. I then inked Ruby to stamp the "thinking about YOU!" sentiment and the love hearts. I stamped all of this on White daisy cardstock and matted it with Kraft Paper on top of a White Card with EnvelopeI also made a pennant banner with the Kraft Paper and used 3D foam tape to give it a 3D finish. I used thin foam tape to matt the white daisy onto the Kraft paper. 

To finish the heart trail floating up the card I added small Gold Pearls, as my optional Gold accent. This gold in the pearls really blends in well with the Kraft paper. 

B1631, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, #CTMHVandra, peacock, Kraft, Ruby, Gold, thinking of you, typewriter, hearts, banner, cardmaking, stamping, Challenge, B1631, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, #CTMHVandra, peacock, Kraft, Ruby, Gold, thinking of you, typewriter, hearts, banner, cardmaking, stamping, Challenge,


Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour Dare Colour Challenge #310 too. I'm really interested to hear what you think about them, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon. If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE

Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia

8 comments:

  1. Love your little trail of hearts and gems, CAS and nicely layed out card. Don't you love that thin tape...it's my favorite because it gives just enough dimension and can still use several layers and it stuffs in the envelope nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I do love thin 3D foam tape, adding that little bit of dimension. I had fun with the trail of hearts.

      Delete
  2. I love your card, Vandra! Your card design is very nice and the trail of hearts makes sure your eyes wander around to take in all the details. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying so, I enjoyed making the hearts trail up like that, I wanted them to be sent like a bubble drifting upwards all the way to the recipient.

      Delete
  3. Vandra I love all the hearts...very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very nice of you to say so. The hearts are the perfect size to use LOTS :)

      Delete
  4. Super cute! I love that trail of hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, I had fun with the trail of hearts too. I wanted them to be floating to the recipient of the card, so they knew I was thinking of them all the way from where I "typed" it to where they get it.

      Delete