Friday 16 April 2021

Colour Dare #440 Crazy 8

 

#CTMHVandra,Colour dare,  Colour Dare Challenge, Rainbow, thin cuts, clouds, mix-in paper packet, cardstock, thinking of you, cardmaking, crazy 8, masking, stamping

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #440 is a Crazy 8 square. You pick four of the squares and you are permitted to use Black & White. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #440 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest, SplitCoast Stampers, or Instagram). So join in TODAY!!

Most of these colours come from Daisy Meadows Paper Packet + Sticker Sheet but I chose to use mostly cardstock to make my card. 


I grabbed out my brand new Build-a-Rainbow Thin Cuts. Then I pulled out 

Glacier CardstockPeacock CardstockDesert Rose CardstockSundance Cardstock, and the peach paper from the Mix-in Paper Packet (Jul–Aug). A lot of these colours are found in the Daisy Meadows Coordinating Cardstock.

#CTMHVandra,Colour dare,  Colour Dare Challenge, Rainbow, thin cuts, clouds, mix-in paper packet, cardstock, thinking of you, cardmaking, crazy 8, masking, stamping#CTMHVandra,Colour dare,  Colour Dare Challenge, Rainbow, thin cuts, clouds, mix-in paper packet, cardstock, thinking of you, cardmaking, crazy 8, masking, stamping

I used washi tape and stuck the 4 parts of the rainbow together and cut it out 4 times in each of the below colours and mixed and matched them to get 4 different rainbows. I used two of them in my two cards but have 2 left for next cards. I changed around the pattern a bit too. 

#CTMHVandra,Colour dare,  Colour Dare Challenge, Rainbow, thin cuts, clouds, mix-in paper packet, cardstock, thinking of you, cardmaking, crazy 8

#CTMHVandra,Colour dare,  Colour Dare Challenge, Rainbow, thin cuts, clouds, mix-in paper packet, cardstock, thinking of you, cardmaking, crazy 8, masking, stamping
For the title I grabbed the After the Rain stamp (on sale April 2021) but didn't want to use the rainbow on it, just the sentiment. So I had to create a mask to just get the words to put on my cloud. I grabbed a sticky note that is sticky all over and stamped on it and cut out the words. Then I stamped over the mask to get the title for the cloud. I had cut some Glacier clouds first but it was too hard to line up the title cause I couldn't see through so I stamped first and then ran the cloud thin cut through my big shot.  I used Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad

#CTMHVandra,Colour dare,  Colour Dare Challenge, Rainbow, thin cuts, clouds, mix-in paper packet, cardstock, thinking of you, cardmaking, crazy 8, masking, stamping
Hopefully the photo below will show my process. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare,  Colour Dare Challenge, Rainbow, thin cuts, clouds, mix-in paper packet, cardstock, thinking of you, cardmaking, crazy 8, masking, stamping

I was happy with the final projects. On the other card I grabbed out a "thinking of you" stamp set that is retired and didn't use clouds.

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare,  Colour Dare Challenge, Rainbow, thin cuts, clouds, mix-in paper packet, cardstock, thinking of you, cardmaking, crazy 8, masking, stamping

To adhere the rainbow, I used Dual-tip Permanent Glue Pen, and to  finish the rainbow off, I added a couple of Bitty Sparkles

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #440 too. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my cards, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge. 

 If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au



8 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards Vandra. I love it when you can make multiple cards in one go. Love the rainbow and cloud does too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many cards from one run through of the dies per colour. So fun!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love rainbows... they are my fav behind peacocks of course. I love the unconventional color scheme of the rainbow. It looks so artsy and fun. Also masking that sentiment must have been tricky. You would never know it came from a larger set. Fantastic job teamie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawna, I love peacocks too and the colour peacock! I just got a new car in that colour and my fingernails painted in that colour too. I'm glad my unconventional colours looks artsy to you and not crazy like the crazy 8 title!

      Delete
  3. It's always fun to cut a combination of colors for a rainbow because of the flexibility of changing them from one project to another. Your cards are fun and that is a great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, such a fun die cut for rainbows!

      Delete
  4. Love the rainbows!! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete