Friday 20 August 2021

Colour Dare #458 choose three only

#CTMHVandra, Cricut Design Space, cricut, Birthday, birthday card, celebrate, blue belle, banner, Colour dare, double trouble,
Our Colour Dare Challenge for #458 is a choose 3 colours, you are free to use Black, White, neutrals and gold. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #458 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest, SplitCoast Stampers, or Instagram).

This time we are also doing a Double Trouble crossover too. So if you can include Plaids, polka dots, checkers or stripes then you can also add to the Double Trouble Challenge #91 too. 
#CTMHVandra, Cricut Design Space, cricut, Birthday, birthday card, celebrate, blue belle, banner, Colour dare, double trouble,

 I didn't manage to include the bonus extras to my card because I was rushing to complete my 90th Birthday card so that it would reach the recipient by their birthday. 

#CTMHVandra, Cricut Design Space, cricut, Birthday, birthday card, celebrate, blue belle, banner, Colour dare, double trouble,

I used Cricut Design space and created my own card design and used that great new cricut design space offset feature to get the inside shapes. I cut the white for the inside too. 

The card was for a 90 year old gentleman so we wanted it to be in masculine colours. It was my mum's friend so I asked her to pic the colours. She chose 

Blue Belle CardstockSundance Cardstock and Cinnamon Cardstock


The awesome part about design space was we played with the colours to decide which colour would be which. We decided that the Sundance yellow made the best for the largest seen part, Blue belle inside and around the edge with the cinnamon red colour as the top and we played with the word celebrate to see which colour to choose... we tried Blue Belle in the click and change colours. Much quicker than actually cutting them and then deciding. 

The Celebrate and banner came from Cricut® Artbooking Digital Collection so you will need to have the artbooking collection before you can open the 90th Birthday card in cricut design space. 

If you would like to use my template the Cricut design Space file is attached HERE


#CTMHVandra, Cricut Design Space, cricut, Birthday, birthday card, celebrate, blue belle, banner, Colour dare, double trouble,
I added the black ink for some size comparison

#CTMHVandra, Cricut Design Space, cricut, Birthday, birthday card, celebrate, blue belle, banner, Colour dare, double trouble,

#CTMHVandra, Cricut Design Space, cricut, Birthday, birthday card, celebrate, blue belle, banner, Colour dare, double trouble,

#CTMHVandra, Cricut Design Space, cricut, Birthday, birthday card, celebrate, blue belle, banner, Colour dare, double trouble,

#CTMHVandra, Cricut Design Space, cricut, Birthday, birthday card, celebrate, blue belle, banner, Colour dare, double trouble,
The sundance colour fits with the colour almost the same as the Manilla envelope that I got from the post office. I chose to do the sizing to fit in the envelope and it did. 

#CTMHVandra, Cricut Design Space, cricut, Birthday, birthday card, celebrate, blue belle, banner, Colour dare, double trouble,
We were sent a photo from the 90th birthday card recipients son with the photos we had sent and the letter. I've cropped it small for privacy but I wanted to show the inside and that it was well received. 

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the 
Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #458 and the Double Trouble Challenge #91 too. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my cricut card, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge. 

 If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE

Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au






13 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card for a special birthday! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, It is a very special birthday!

      Delete
  2. This is a great celebration card - love the photo inside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We filled the card with photos but they weren't stuck inside.

      Delete
  3. Great card Vandra. I really must invest more time in using my machine for cutting shaped cards. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such an easy card to create. If you have a 90th you can use my template!

      Delete
  4. What a great simple card to celebrate this gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't do anything flowery or glittery :)

      Delete
  5. Great shaped card, Vandra! Such a special occasion, too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie, I do love a special occasion card.

      Delete
  6. Sorry you missed out on the Trail Mix; but great job on your machine cut 90 card and love the colors you chose for the big 90.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great cut out card! How kind of you to share the file! I love all the space to write in it!

    ReplyDelete