Friday 29 October 2021

Colour Dare #468 Inspiration Image

 

#CTMHVandra, thank you, gnomes, music, inspiration, color dare, Colour Dare Challenge, teacher, Birds, sapphire, triblend markers, Random Stamping, cardmaking, stamp and thin cut,

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #468 is the colours of the above inspiration image (at least 3 colours), you are free to use Black & White. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #468 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest, SplitCoast Stampers, or Instagram).

This image brings back lots of memories for me as I had these on a doona cover and some curtains when I was really small (*ahem* like 35yrs ago). 

I made a quick and simple card for this challenge as I was required to make a bunch of thank you cards for my son's teachers for his last day of school before his Year 12 Graduation. This card I made was for one of the music teachers. 

I picked out Dark Blue (Sapphire from the retired Wander collection with the white stars - you could create this look with sapphire cardstock and our new white White Gel Pens), then I picked light Blue (I chose Carolina Cardstock) and the brown, so I chose the new Mocha Cardstock. To get some tone-on-tone stamping I used an old stamp set with some music notes on it and random stamped all over the Mocha cardstock. I don't have the Mocha ink yet so I pulled out the reitred Nutmeg ink and they worked quite well together. I put an R in texta on the front of my ink pads that have retired so I know its an old colour but it still works well with current Mocha. 

#CTMHVandra, thank you, gnomes, music, inspiration, color dare, Colour Dare Challenge, teacher, Birds, sapphire, triblend markers, Random Stamping, cardmaking, stamp and thin cut,

After doing stripes of each of the 3 main inspiration colours I decided to do a little gnome sign. I picked the gnome from the Mini Garden Gnomes Stamp + Thin Cuts from the Slimline Celebration Cardmaking Workshop Kit.

I coloured him with triblend markers in Fair Skin TriBlend™ Marker for his face and handsEarth Brown TriBlend™ Marker for his boots and belt, True Blue TriBlend™ Marker for his hat and clothes and the lightest and mid tones of the Ice Grey TriBlend™ Marker for the bird. 

#CTMHVandra, thank you, gnomes, music, inspiration, color dare, Colour Dare Challenge, teacher, Birds, sapphire, triblend markers, Random Stamping, cardmaking, stamp and thin cut,

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #468. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my card, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge. 

 If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE

Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au



4 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! I love the simple look of your card. And you can never go wrong with a gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold strips of colour for the background and that you chose the blue of the image hat as it’s such a nice colour. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable gnome and using the sign for the sentiment... nice color selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinking cute! Sweet & simple...my favorite kind!

    ReplyDelete