Friday 3 February 2023

Colour Dare #534 Inspiration Photo

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #534 is an inspiration photo (shown above). You need to choose at least 3 colours from the above photo. You are also free to use all Neutrals and Metallics. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #534 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

I started this challenge by pulling out a green, light and dark blue and an orange colour to make a card for my nephew for his 13th Birthday. I grabbed Green Apple CardstockGlacier CardstockCapri Cardstock and Nectarine Cardstock

I decided I would look at my CTMH Artiste Cartridge on Cricut Design Space and I found a fold card that had a round banner sun shape (I'm not sure what its really called). I made sure it was 5.5inches high and 8.5 inches wide (so when it folded in half it would be the same size as our CTMH Cards and Envelopes). 

I grabbed the corresponding round banner sun shape and made it the same size as the cut out card. It creates like a fold back card. I couldn't decide if I wanted to do a blue with green circle or a green with blue circle so I decided to cut them both as they didn't take up much room on the cricut mat. 
#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher

I cut one in Green Apple and one in Capri cardstock and it used less than half a sheet of cardstock. 
#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher

I still couldn't decide and then I folded them both and stuck the opposite coloured circle shape on the front. Then I had the magic idea to USE THEM BOTH. I could have them fold together and create like a trifold card. So I could create a pull out card for the gift voucher we had gotten from a local games store as our Nephew got a gaming machine for Christmas. 

I pulled out the Level Up Stamp Set because we gifted a gaming gift voucher. I stamped out all the gaming handsets/controllers on Glacier Cardstock and fussy cut them out. Originally this stamp set could be purchased with a thin cut but I decided that it wouldn't be hard to cut out these controllers... but I hate fussy cutting so I always regret not getting the matching thin cuts. Now you can still buy the stamp set but the thin cuts are sold out so I can feel happy with my decision to not buy the thin cuts. These shapes below aren't that hard to cut out! You can do it too! (have I already said how much I hate fussy cutting??). 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher

I then stamped on what would be the inside with the quotes in Black Ink. Eat Sleep Game Repeat. and a Happy Birthday M sized stamp set. (I checked my Evernote and found this one which I liked called M1210 - Mini Birthday Party Hat Occasions). 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher
I measured the slide in spot and added 3-D Foam Tape along the Green Apple side. Then on the Capri Cardstock side I cut a Circle pull tab shape out of the top of that side with the Pull Tab Thin Cuts. I used some odd silver glitter ribbon from my stash to tie around the top of the gift card so it wouldn't be lost in the pocket. 

We had to write on the inside of the card because after I stuck it together it would be the top of the slide out pocket so it would be harder to write on it after it was put together. I handed to my husband to write while I continued to stick my gaming controllers onto the sides and front of the card. 
#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher
On the front of the Capri Blue side I cut some Nectarine numbers 13 with Classic Alphabet Thin Cuts and glued them down. 
#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher
I put 3D foam at the bottom too so the gift card wouldn't slide too far down. I got it all ready to stick and then lined it up on the reverse side and folded it back down together. I lined up the circle sun shapes to get the card as level as I could before adhering the foam tape down.

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher
On the front I stamped Level up... and hidden behind is the 13 so on that page it says LEVEL UP 13. (I stamped this before I glued it together. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher
It can stand up and open but its REALLY hard to photograph. I did a short video of it too so I'll probably upload that to Instagram. You can follow me on Instagram by going to https://www.instagram.com/vandra_ctmh/ and I also post mostly the same things to my Facebook Business Page too so you can follow me there as well... https://www.facebook.com/Vandra.ctmh/


#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher
This is with it put together and the ribbon shows the voucher hiding away. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher
To finish off the front that looked a little plain, I added a longer vertical and shorter horizontal strip of Silver Shimmer Trim. If I had thought about it more before I stuck it all together perhaps I would have stamped a bit more in a similar colour (tone-on-tone stamping) in perhaps the controllers but I didn't want it to be too busy. My nephew is 13 so I doubt he looked at it very hard. :) I really liked that it had a special little hidden pocket for the voucher. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher
I took lots of photos when I made the card because I gifted it to him for his birthday the day after making the card so no chance later to take more pics. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, cardmaking, Cricut Design Space, thin cuts, fussy cutting, pocket cards, hidden compartment, Level up Stamp Set, Gaming, Gamer, controller, birthday card, 3D Foam, voucher
Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #534. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au


Also added to Creative Creases Challenge (Thanks Suzanne for the info)





13 comments:

  1. Love your fun fold and the theme for your son's birthday... very cool. There is a Fun Fold challenge that you could enter your card in at Creative Creases, they are always Anything Goes as long as you create a fun fold. Check it out at https://secretstamper.com/2023/02/anything-goes-with-a-fun-fold-for-creative-creases-50/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, I've updated my blog post to include the Creative Creases Logo and link (after adding my card to the challenge).

      Delete
  2. What a great fun fold! Love the bright colors and the theme is perfect for age 13!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I had fun with this one.

      Delete
  3. Way to go above and beyond Vandra! I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card for a teen! Love that include the step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great fun fold card! I know a teen would absolutely love it. I'm so glad you found our challenge. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and I hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vandra, what a clever slider card. Thank you for joining us for
    CC#50. Hope you become a frequent player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rae, thanks for commenting. I hope I can play along again soon too! Fun!

      Delete
  7. Vandra, this is perfect for a teen...surely to be appreciated. Thanks for entering it in the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cool card, i can image the 13 year old loved it.

    ReplyDelete