Friday 17 February 2023

Colour Dare #536 Tic-Tac-Toe


#CTMHVandra, thinking of you, cardmaking, butterfly, slimline, stitched thin cuts, Colour dare, wisteria, paprika, pewter, TicTacToe, #ctmhStorybook

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #536 is a Tic-Tac-Toe Board. You need to choose at least 3 colours from the above photo from a row or column or diagonal. You are also free to use all Neutrals and Metallics. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #536 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

These colours are from the gorgeous Storybook Scrapbooking Workshop Kit. I love all the dragons and castles and rainbows and crowns in this set. Its only available while stocks last so make sure you get into this!

#CTMHVandra, thinking of you, cardmaking, butterfly, slimline, stitched thin cuts, Colour dare, wisteria, paprika, pewter, TicTacToe, #ctmhStorybook
To make my card I chose Row 3 - Paprika, Wisteria & Pewter. I pulled out my cardstock in those colours Paprika CardstockWisteria Cardstock and Pewter Cardstock
With the Pewter I used the Slimline Shaker Window Thin Cuts and cut the largest outline and with the Wisteria I cut the inner shape with the wavy edge. Then I adhered them both to the 

Slimline Cards & Envelopes

#CTMHVandra, thinking of you, cardmaking, butterfly, slimline, stitched thin cuts, Colour dare, wisteria, paprika, pewter, TicTacToe, #ctmhStorybook
Then I went to my Paper Envelopes with my Paprika cardstock in it and found some scrap strips of cardstock in half inch ish size strips. I put that across the entire length of the Slimline card to create a ribbon look. Then I pulled out my white cardstock scraps and found an old cricut cut out shape that was an oval shape. I think it was from the CTMH Artiste Cartridge but any Cricut shape would do if you want to replicate this card. Then I pulled out my Layered Butterflies Thin Cuts and cut a little butterfly in Paprika cardstock. I've got a thing for butterflies at the moment. 

I stamped on the Cricut oval shape with sentiment from Floral Sentiments Stamp Set with 

Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad. To finish off I used some White Gems from my stash. 

#CTMHVandra, thinking of you, cardmaking, butterfly, slimline, stitched thin cuts, Colour dare, wisteria, paprika, pewter, TicTacToe, #ctmhStorybook
Photography was a bit weird with the lighting so I edited a little to make it "cooler" so the wisteria looked to be the right shade. I tried a few times but the colour did not like to be photographed. 

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #536. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au




 

4 comments:

  1. I love the simple look you created using our colors. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, simple card. Sometimes these make the greatest impact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity & the stunning color combo-

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh Vandra this is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete