Friday 22 January 2021

Colour Dare #428 Recipe 1+1+1

 #CTMHVandra, #ctmhPerfectMatch, shutter card, penguin, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, gold foil, cricut, CTMH Cricut, Candy Apple, thin cuts, alphabet,

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #428 is a fun Recipe Challenge. You need 1 Neutral, 1 Metallic or Glitter (Silver/Gold/Copper) and 1 colour choice... with Black & White free to use. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #428 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest, SplitCoast Stampers, or Instagram). So join in TODAY!!


I wanted to use the new special Perfect Match Workshop Kit
so I choose the Black and Candy Apple colour, as my Neutral and Colour. So 1+1 Chosen. 
#CTMHVandra, #ctmhPerfectMatch, shutter card, penguin, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, gold foil, cricut, CTMH Cricut, Candy Apple, thin cuts, alphabet,
Then I needed some Metallic so I pulled out Gold Foil Patterns Paper Packet 
 
#CTMHVandra, #ctmhPerfectMatch, shutter card, penguin, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, gold foil, cricut, CTMH Cricut, Candy Apple, thin cuts, alphabet,

So my 1 Neutral = Black
1 Metallic = Gold Foil pattern
1 colour = Candy Apple. 
1+1+1
(White is my free colour)

I really wanted to make a card from Lisa Stenz's Video on Valentines Day Shutter Cards. (Click Here to get link to her video with cricut design space file). 

I got myself a Cricut Maker last year and only started playing with it just before Christmas, and I had to get myself a scoring tool. I needed it to cut the Shutter Card with Lisa's design space file. I got so excited when I got the scoring tool and could use it at the same time as the cutting. This is the best feature of the Cricut Maker. 



I had the paper, the cricut design space file and the idea to make my nephew his birthday card. It's hard to photograph the card I made with the shutter function. 

I used the white as the card base, candy apple red for internal parts, Candy Apple Gingham from perfect match from the front. The internal red circle spare to use on the front, black xo paper from Perfect Match for the two 1's I cut out using Classic Alphabet Thin Cuts and Gold Stripe paper from the Gold Foil patterns. I used 3-D Foam Tape on the front and internal parts and Dual-tip Permanent Glue Pen.

I stamped the Swirly Happy Birthday (M sized stamp set that everyone should get) & Winter Penguins Stamp + Thin Cuts in Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad.


#CTMHVandra, #ctmhPerfectMatch, shutter card, penguin, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, gold foil, cricut, CTMH Cricut, Candy Apple, thin cuts, alphabet,

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhPerfectMatch, shutter card, penguin, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, gold foil, cricut, CTMH Cricut, Candy Apple, thin cuts, alphabet,

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhPerfectMatch, shutter card, penguin, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, gold foil, cricut, CTMH Cricut, Candy Apple, thin cuts, alphabet,

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #428 too. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my card, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge. 

 If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia





16 comments:

  1. Super card Vandra. Complicated card movement
    But you’ve done it brilliantly. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, It was easier than I expected.

      Delete
  2. Love the shutter card! I have been wanting to do these as they are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally give it a go, its much easier than I expected.

      Delete
  3. So happy you are enjoying your Cricut, it's really such a great tool when you don't have a sentiment you want, or a shape. Excellent job on your slide card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving my new Cricut Maker. Its really fun!

      Delete
  4. What a fun card! Your colors work great together! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always get soe much inspiration when commenting! Must try this!!
    Fabulous make for Color Dare!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I have given you some inspiration.

      Delete
  6. Cuteness overload! This paper pack is the best & the penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted to try a shutter card. You did a fantastic job!! I love those penguins. so so cute!! Love the card teamie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally you should make one, they're heaps of fun and much easier than I thought to make.

      Delete
  8. Those penguin stamps are so cute! I've got a really old Cricut, but I should get it out and craft again soon :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had an old cricut but needed a new one to access Design Space files and new cricut content. Thanks for your lovely comments though!

      Delete