Thursday 19 January 2023

Colour Dare #531 Tic-Tac-Toe

 

#CTMHVandra, #ctmh, #ctmhBackyardBliss, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, peach,  papaya, sage, thank you, thin cuts, doily, flowers, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge,  bitty sparkles, leaves, cardmaking,

I'm not on the design team for Colour Dare this week (I do even challenges) but I really liked this colour selection of Colour Dare Challenge for #531 so I wanted to make a card using these colours. I chose the top row, Papaya, Peach & Sage AND I wanted to join the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Sketch 508. So two birds with one stone and I'm really happy with what I came up with. 

#CTMHVandra, #ctmh, #ctmhBackyardBliss, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, peach,  papaya, sage, thank you, thin cuts, doily, flowers, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge,  bitty sparkles, leaves, cardmaking,

If you wanna play along too go to Colour Dare Challenge for #531 is a Tic-Tac-Toe (see above) and all Neutrals and Metallic are free
 Go to the link for Colour Dare #531 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

I pulled out my Backyard Bliss Paper Packet + Sticker Sheet and it said the colour there was Papaya so I assumed the leaf patterned sheet was papaya based but I also used some Papaya Glitter Paper to really make sure I was covered (cause it kind of looked peach although peach doesn't feature in that paper pack). The leaf paper was cut at 5 inchs x 3.75 inches.
#CTMHVandra, #ctmh, #ctmhBackyardBliss, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, peach,  papaya, sage, thank you, thin cuts, doily, flowers, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge,  bitty sparkles, leaves, cardmaking,

I cut the background Peach Cardstock on the darker side at 5.25 inches x 4 inches. I also cut the Thank in Peach Cardstock from For You Thin Cuts.

#CTMHVandra, #ctmh, #ctmhBackyardBliss, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, peach,  papaya, sage, thank you, thin cuts, doily, flowers, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge,  bitty sparkles, leaves, cardmaking,
I showed this picture on my Instagram this week because I was so excited to realise you can cut this as a two for one. After I cut the white daisy as shown in the picture I cut the same size piece from  Papaya Glitter Paper so I didn't waste a scrap of my more expensive and pretty glitter paper. I used only the YOU on this card and have there Thank and the negative space to use on another few cards. 
#CTMHVandra, #ctmh, #ctmhBackyardBliss, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, peach,  papaya, sage, thank you, thin cuts, doily, flowers, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge,  bitty sparkles, leaves, cardmaking,
There are other options instead of Thank... you can say Love YOU, For YOU or Thank YOU or you could even say "love for YOU!"

The next main feature of the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge was the Doily shape so I pulled out my Fancy Doilies Thin Cuts and I did have a peach shape already cut in the large size but it was too big for the regular card size so I didn't want to use the big one as I wouldn't be able to use other other features. So I cut the small doily in Sage Cardstock and kept my big peach one for another day. TIP: If you cut more than one thin cut (die-cut) at a time, slide them into the envelope of the stamp or thin cut and then when you go to use that item next time you might save yourself some time by having something pre-cut. AND it doesn't take much more time to run thru 2 at the same time or two layers of cardstock (although the doily is very intricate so it may not cut 2 together very well). 

#CTMHVandra, #ctmh, #ctmhBackyardBliss, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, peach,  papaya, sage, thank you, thin cuts, doily, flowers, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge,  bitty sparkles, leaves, cardmaking,

After I stuck my doily on I drew my lines... I wanted them freehand and I started with a 

White Gel Pen but it wasn't clear enough to see (You can see remnants of it on the card still) so I added Black LePen™ freehand over the top. Its messy but its meant to be. 


I stuck my YOU in Papaya glitter down first with Air Touch Adhesive and then layered the thank over the top. 

Then I went to my Embellishments/stickers/complements etc that I have sorted and pulled out my flowers zip lock. I pulled out the neutrals and the peach/papaya colours. I don't know which sets those 3 flowers come from but 3 different ones I think. And one of the "flowers" is really a doily which I think added more to the sketch. I found a white leaf stalk die-cut in my leaf zip lock bag and cut its 3 branches off and added them in 3 spots around the flowers sort of underneath. The smallest peach looking flower with grey leaves (that look sage in the photo) I took off the adhesive on the back of the sticker and then added 3-D Foam Tape to add dimension. 


Then 5 Bitty Sparkles to finish off the card (2 in the centres of the flowers) and 3 around the bottom. 

Thanks for the great Sketch Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge I enjoyed this a lot! 

#CTMHVandra, #ctmh, #ctmhBackyardBliss, Colour Dare Challenge, color dare, peach,  papaya, sage, thank you, thin cuts, doily, flowers, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge,  bitty sparkles, leaves, cardmaking,

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #531 and Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Sketch 508. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.


If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au

12 comments:

  1. love your take on our sketch and all the fun factors you added onto your card. Thank you for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment and tell me that you liked my card.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Vandra. I love the touch of glitter & your faux layers-clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi, You can't ever have enough glitter!

      Delete
  3. I love this, Vandra! The overlapping sentiment is a great touch. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyson, This thin cut is my latest favourite thing, its just so versatile.

      Delete
  4. So pretty! I love the glittery you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you created your sentiment and a beautiful interpretation of the AHSC... love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments Suzanne.

      Delete
  6. So pretty, I love the papers you used, the Backyard Bliss works so well with this sketch, beautiful with the pop of shimmer! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brandi. I'm so glad you liked my card.

      Delete