Wednesday 11 January 2023

Colour Dare #529 Metallic plus 2 colours

I'm not on the design team for Colour Dare this week but I really liked this colour selection so I wanted to make a card using these colours. 

If you wanna play along too you've only got a few days HURRY.... Colour Dare Challenge for #529 is a Metallic (Gold, Silver, Copper) plus two colours of your choice. You are also free to use all Neutrals. Go to the link for Colour Dare #529 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

I whipped one up really quickly because I grabbed out my favourite colour which is Peacock (its a retired colour now) and I grabbed a matching blue which was Glacier. I then pulled out my box of "Specialty papers" which has all my metallics and glitters and holographic and other specialty papers. 

I chose Silver Glitter Paper to go with the peacock and Glacier Cardstock

I pulled out the Layered Butterflies Thin Cuts which are still available to purchase and they're so pretty I can't believe they haven't sold out yet. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour Dare, Colour Dare Challenge, peacock, Glacier, Silver, glitter paper, thinking of you, cardmaking, thin cuts, butterfly, 3D, dimension
I wanted the top layer to be silver and the middle glacier and the base peacock. So I ran each of them thru my Big Shot (I actually did 1 of each butterfly from each colour so I have another duplicate I could do - I didn't do extra Silver Glitter). I folded up the wings of each layer to get some dimension and then I ran adhesive down the centre of each layer (but left the back clear until after I'd stuck the base layer and stamped. 

I used off-cuts of the glacier cardstock and peacock cardstock cut to 5.5 inches wide to put along the bottom of the card and I cut a slice of the Silver Glitter Paper to break up the two blues along the bottom. 

 

#CTMHVandra, Colour Dare, Colour Dare Challenge, peacock, Glacier, Silver, glitter paper, thinking of you, cardmaking, thin cuts, butterfly, 3D, dimension

I wanted a thinking of you card so I used my Evernote to find some thinking of you sentiments and found this one from an old set called "CC1030 #30years of happy National Stamping Month". 

I used peacock ink to stamp the tiny sentiment above the peacock cardstock and then stuck the butterfly on a slight angle. I finished it off with old peacock dots from a retired pack but I could have used Cake Day Dots because they have glacier coloured dots that would have looked similarly pretty or Clear Sparkles

#CTMHVandra, Colour Dare, Colour Dare Challenge, peacock, Glacier, Silver, glitter paper, thinking of you, cardmaking, thin cuts, butterfly, 3D, dimension

I photographed the card standing up so you could see the dimension and took the sideways shot to get the depth of the butterfly. I did make sure that when the wings are down they're not hanging out over the base White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack so that it still fits inside the envelope when its posted. 

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #529. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.


If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au



8 comments:

  1. Vandra, this is gorgeous! I love the shades of blue with silver :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyson, I was really happy with this card too!

      Delete
  2. Nice layering of the shadowing of the butterfly and the add of the glitter... beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased with how the layers turned out. Even better than I expected!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Love that layered butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, its such a pretty butterfly die that it makes things easy to make pretty butterflies.

      Delete