Friday 21 July 2023

Colour Dare #558 Tic-Tac-Toe

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, thinking of you, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, #ctmhCapeCod, star, starfish, leaves, Branches, sketch, #heroeswithheart, #heartofahero, Lagoon, beach, cardmaking, stamping,

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #558 is a Tic-Tac-Toe board. You need to use at least 3 of the colours from the above picture in Row, Column or diagonal). Plus.... Black, white, neutrals free to use. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #558 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

I thought I better choose my favourite colours in this tic-tac-toe- so I chose Row 3: Lagoon, Raspberry and Mink.. I needed a design so I pulled up Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge for this week Sketch 534 and thought I would create a card with this. *Click HERE for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, thinking of you, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, #ctmhCapeCod, star, starfish, leaves, Branches, sketch, #heroeswithheart, #heartofahero, Lagoon, beach, cardmaking, stamping,

with the Sketch I decided to use Raspberry Cardstock to match with the red strip at the top. Then I got the Lagoon Cardstock for the bottom strip. I grabbed a largish scrap of Mink Cardstock and cut a banner and stamped with Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad

with my favourite Stamp set from the Annual Catalogue that is just about to retire For All Occasions Stamp Set (I will be sad when our current catalogue goes).

For the sketch there were flowers and leaves and I had the Cape Cod Embellishments
that I had won at a Consultant Crafternoon. They look perfect for the sketch. #CTMHVandra, Colour dare, thinking of you, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, #ctmhCapeCod, star, starfish, leaves, Branches, sketch, #heroeswithheart, #heartofahero, Lagoon, beach, cardmaking, stamping,
To finish as per the sketch I added white dots from my stash that are similar to the current 

Black & White Dots


#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, thinking of you, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, #ctmhCapeCod, star, starfish, leaves, Branches, sketch, #heroeswithheart, #heartofahero, Lagoon, beach, cardmaking, stamping,

A simple and easy card but I was happy with the results. I hope you like it too.  I wanted something easy because I am busy this week, doing the Close to My Heart Virtual Convention (the new annual catalogue launch and the new September/October seasonal catalogue launch). The theme is Heroes with Heart so we have been dressing up like super heroes. I am having LOTS of fun!

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, thinking of you, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, #ctmhCapeCod, star, starfish, leaves, Branches, sketch, #heroeswithheart, #heartofahero, Lagoon, beach, cardmaking, stamping,

 Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #556. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au

13 comments:

  1. Nice interpretation of the sketch and like the bright colors chosen. Looks like you're enjoying the convention for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Convention has been fun. Its hard to generate excitement all by myself in my loungeroom but I'm doing my best to keep it going!

      Delete
  2. Love this combo of our colors and the sketch. Nice and simple yet bold and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I did think I could do more to the cardstock with inks before I finished but felt it just didn't need it. Sometimes Simple just works.

      Delete
  3. Love the simplicity of your card - nice clean lines! Very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyson, the sketch was pretty easy to create with. I could have added lots more but I enjoyed leaving it simple and clean.

      Delete
  4. love you card, great die cuts! thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia, I can't take any credit for the die cuts... Close to My Heart just creates the nicest ones and I just used those!

      Delete
  5. Clean, simple, colorful...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi, all the things I was going for, glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. Fresh and clean! Very nice, Vandra. Thank you so much for joining the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright and bold colours combined with the toffee shells! Love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your card. Sometimes a sweet and simple card just hits the spot. The little star fish is a great touch. xoxo

    ReplyDelete