Friday 28 July 2023

Colour Dare #559 - Inspiration

 

#CTMHVandra, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, Cricut Design Space, papaya, green, Glacier, Capri

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #559 is an inspiration photo. You need to use at least 3 of the colours from the above picture Plus.... Black, white, neutrals AND Metallics are free to use. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #559 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

I needed to make a 60th birthday card for a friend, so I pulled out the colours I thought I would use. 

Glacier CardstockGreen Apple Cardstock and Papaya Cardstock


#CTMHVandra, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, Cricut Design Space, papaya, green, Glacier, Capri

I designed a card in Cricut Design space. Like previous cards I wanted a large number card. 
I made it just under 6x6 size to fit in a square envelope. 
#CTMHVandra, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, Cricut Design Space, papaya, green, Glacier, Capri
I created the 60, then I created an offset for the outline. Then flipped it and put a score line in it (as shown above).

#CTMHVandra, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, Cricut Design Space, papaya, green, Glacier, Capri
I did an extra 60 in White Daisy Cardstock cause I thought I might add it inside (I didn't end up using it). I also cut the happy birthday from the Close to My Heart Artiste Cricut Collection and added a white offset for that too. 

I cut it out and decided the Glacier was too grey and it looked washed out with the papaya and green apple. 

#CTMHVandra, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, Cricut Design Space, papaya, green, Glacier, Capri

SO... I cut it again with Capri Cardstock. I had the extra white 60 and the glacier card base so I have 2 cards now :) 

#CTMHVandra, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, Cricut Design Space, papaya, green, Glacier, Capri


I finished off the card by gluing it all together with Air Touch Adhesive.

#CTMHVandra, happy birthday, Colour Dare Challenge, Cricut Design Space, papaya, green, Glacier, Capri
Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #559. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au

6 comments:

  1. What a cool shaped card for a special birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comment above was me... didn't realize I wasn't signed in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vandra this is a great card! I love how you used our colors to make it bright and fun. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color combo. What a fun 60th birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember you did a 90 card, great Cricut cut and card... nice choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete