Tuesday 1 March 2016

Sunshine Birdies March SOTM Australasian Blog Hop


We have all been creating with "Sunshine Birdies—March 2016 Stamp of the MonthStamp set. If you have arrived here from Doris Taylor Creative Inspirations then you are in the right place. If you landed here another way, please join in by following the link at the end of this post. Follow the links, check out all the amazing ideas and eventually you'll come right back here to where you started.

Today I would like to share with you my project which features the Sunshine Birdies—March 2016 Stamp of the Month available exclusively throughout March 2016 for $27 or for just $7.50 when you spend $75. This is a sweet little stamp set and is perfect for colouring in with. Both adults and children will enjoy this set. 


I had limited time to play with this Stamp of the Month so I did a very basic card. If you would like to colour in you can use Watercolor PaintsWatercolor Pencils or ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Markers. I think it makes the most beautiful "Adult Colouring Book" style card, so I decided to keep it black and white. 


I was playing with the branches, and butterflies with 12" X 12" White Daisy Cardstock and Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad. I put two of the butterflies on the 2" X 2" My Acrylix® Block and then randomly moved them around and rotated the block. 

Then I cut down the butterfly section and mounted it on 12" X 12" Black Cardstock


For the title I used the cute little title "It's your special day." from the stamp set that is 'Tu Tu Cute' from the Safari Ballet Stamp Set. During March Stampanza you can get any stamp sets in the special of Buy Two, get one free. (See future blog hops on 20th March for inspiration). 


I put the "It's your special day" stamp set with White Daisy Cardstock and Black Exclusive Inks™ and then I mounted it on Black Cardstock and used my Non-stick Micro-tip Scissors
to cut and make a pennant banner. 


On the inside I plan to write or stamp the words "So... Celebrate Your Way!". The Card will read "IT'S YOUR SPECIAL DAY" (front) "SO... CELEBRATE YOUR WAY!!" (inside). Also inside I will stick 3 or 4 small pencils for the adults (or children) to colour it in. (Picture below taken from Google Images). 

Remember this great stamp set  Sunshine Birdies—March 2016 Stamp of the Month is only available throughout March from my website or from your Close to My Heart Consultant

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project, I hope you get inspired to create something with this cute stamp set this month. I'm really interested to hear what you think about it, so I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop on our Australasian Blog Hop which is Tanya Armitage - Happy papercrafting.

  Come back to see me again soon.


9 comments:

  1. What a clever crafty idea! Love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea & colouring in is all the rage so why not colour in our own birthday card - who knows you may turn someone into a cardmaker with this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh I like your thinking Maz. Turning someone into a cardmaker!! :)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea, colouring is a really relaxing thing to do, so I am sure adults and children would both love to receive this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doris, I thought it would be a big of fun :)

      Delete
  4. Such a fun idea Vandra. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. black and white is so classic... its a go to for me :)

    ReplyDelete