Saturday 23 November 2019

Colour Dare #370 Splash of Colour


#CTMHVandra, #ctmhcedarandpine, Colour Dare Challenge, splash of colour, masculine, male, tie, pocket, stitched thin cuts, thin cuts, Christmas, shirt, celebrate, Santa, stamping, 3D Foam, CC61913, Kraft,

You are invited to participate in this challenge too. Go to the link for Colour Dare #370 and add your entry.

With this colour challenge I thought it would be a great opportunity to make a more masculine card. I grabbed out my favourite new thin cuts Buttoned Up Thin Cuts. They have all the cutest things to make Santa's outfit but also bow ties, mens ties and the cute pocket. As well as belt buckles and a button to make all the shirts. So cute I HAD to get it when this catalogue came out. Only available for limited time in this current catalogue while stocks last. Great for Christmas but also great for the rest of the year too!

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhcedarandpine, Colour Dare Challenge, splash of colour, masculine, male, tie, pocket, stitched thin cuts, thin cuts, Christmas, shirt, celebrate, Santa, stamping, 3D Foam, CC61913, Kraft,

I grabbed out my my favourite browns = Kraft PaperAlmond CardstockEspresso Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad. I cut the Kraft paper to 4.25 x 5.5 inches and put a slit in the top and cut the triangles out, then added them back in to be the collar. I cut a strip of almond cardstock 4.25 x 2 inches to be the top neckline as the white card base was too stark to leave without like a skin tone. I stamped with espresso ink. 

I used my stitched border thin cut to cut the stitches in the collar and cut out the thin cut pocket in kraft paper too. Then I used the Cedar & Pine Paper Packet + Sticker Sheet green paper for the tie. Its from the Christmas pack but I was going for a all year around style card. "Let's celebrate" was from one of the constant campaign stamps recently Birthday Joy CC61913. 

After I'd stuck it all down with Tombow® Permanent Adhesive and the tie with Thin 3-D Foam Tape I realised I needed the shirt to have a seem down the centre and if I'd thought about it before I had stuck it down I would have done the stitched border thin cut but I had to rule a line with pencil and draw a dashed line next to it. 

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhcedarandpine, Colour Dare Challenge, splash of colour, masculine, male, tie, pocket, stitched thin cuts, thin cuts, Christmas, shirt, celebrate, Santa, stamping, 3D Foam, CC61913, Kraft,


Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Color Dare Challenge #37too. I'm really interested to hear what you think about it, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon. If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! The tie is a great splash of color. Any guy would love to get this card!

    ReplyDelete