Friday 23 July 2021

Colour Dare #454 Inspiration photo 3 colours

#CTMHVandra,thin cuts, butterfly, Butterflies, Distress Oxide, adventure, #ctmhWander, color dare, camping, Triangles, Birds, inspiration, Birthday, blending,

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #454 is an inspiration photo of this gorgeous bird, you are free to use Black and White with at least three of the colours of the bird. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #454 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest, SplitCoast Stampers, or Instagram).

I decided I wanted to recreated the look of the bird so I pulled out my distress oxide inks. Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide™ Ink PadMowed Lawn Distress Oxide™ Ink PadChipped Sapphire Distress Oxide™ Ink PadSeedless Preserves Distress Oxide™ Ink Pad & Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink Pad. I blended them together with my Mini Ink Blending tools. 

#CTMHVandra,thin cuts, butterfly, Butterflies, Distress Oxide, adventure, #ctmhWander, color dare, camping, Triangles, Birds, inspiration, Birthday, blending,



I thought the inks looked like the bird. 
#CTMHVandra,thin cuts, butterfly, Butterflies, Distress Oxide, adventure, #ctmhWander, color dare, camping, Triangles, Birds, inspiration, Birthday, blending,
After I had blended them on White Daisy Cardstock I sprinkled water onto the ink to get the spots. 
#CTMHVandra,thin cuts, butterfly, Butterflies, Distress Oxide, adventure, #ctmhWander, color dare, camping, Triangles, Birds, inspiration, Birthday, blending,

Then I used my heat gun tool to dry it completly before running it through the BigShot with the new and gorgeous Butterfly Background Thin Cuts.

#CTMHVandra, thin cuts, butterfly, Butterflies, Distress Oxide, adventure, #ctmhWander, color dare, camping, Triangles, Birds, inspiration, Birthday, blending,


I stamped the sentiment from the Wander—Cardmaking & thin cut set with Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad on White Daisy Cardstock

#CTMHVandra,thin cuts, butterfly, Butterflies, Distress Oxide, adventure, #ctmhWander, color dare, camping, Triangles, Birds, inspiration, Birthday, blending,

Then I cut another butterfly background thin cut with White Daisy Cardstock 

#CTMHVandra, thin cuts, butterfly, Butterflies, Distress Oxide, adventure, #ctmhWander, color dare, camping, Triangles, Birds, inspiration, Birthday, blending,

 Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #454 too. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my cards, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge. 


 If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE

Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au

12 comments:

  1. Vandra your cards are stunning! Love how you did the colors on the first one. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you to say Michelle.

      Delete
  2. Great blending of your colors and the die is perfect... very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne I had fun with the blending.

      Delete
  3. Your ink combination is perfection! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi, I did have lots of fun blending to make it look like the birds colours.

      Delete
  4. Love that you used the oxide inks to create the paper for your butterflies. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The butterflies are beautiful and I do love my oxide inks.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous card Vandra! Love the background. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I had lots of fun creating this one.

      Delete
  6. Color combo perfect. Design perfect. The white card perfect! Okay I guess I am trying to say I love these cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawwww thanks Shawna, I feel far from perfect so I'm glad my cards hit the mark for you.

      Delete