Friday 15 April 2022

Colour Dare #492 Tic-Tac-Toe In Full Bloom

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #492 is the colours of the In Full Bloom Scrapbooking Workshop Kit in a tic-tac-toe grid - Black, White and Grey are Free to use. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #492 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest, SplitCoast Stampers, or Instagram).


I needed to make a card for a young boy in my local buy nothing group who I offered to make a card for so I chose colours suitable for a little boy turning 3. I chose the left hand side down with Lagoon CardstockSundance Cardstock and Lemonade Cardstock

I pulled out an old stamp set in my stash called Fast & Furious after Dad told me little Master 3yr old likes trucks and diggers. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission, B1288, Fast and Furious,
RETIRED STAMP SET

I also recently did some training with this style stamping as shown below. That was the inspiration for this weeks colour dare.
Its a fun technique where you stamp the white sections together to get the lovely split stamp. 
#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,
So I decided to do a multi-coloured version on a 6x6 sized card. I cut the Mink Cardstock into 6x12 and folded it as the base and this is my cutting guide. 

Mink - 6 x 12, 5 x 5, & 4.25 x 4.25
Lagoon - 5.75 x 5.75
Sundance - 4.75 x 4.75
Lemonade - 4x4 
(I probably should have done Lemonade a little smaller to fit the pattern better)

I used a tiny bit of adhesive to tack the coloured cardstock together and got my Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad and stamped the tucks and car OVER the edges. I also stamped the 3 from a retired set called Solo's we had B1288.

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,
RETIRED STAMP SET

The idea is to stamp over the edges even though it creates a little section where the ink can't reach. This is covered later. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,

Part of this technique is to stamp over the edges which leaves a little bit right next to each layer blank. That is the purpose of filling with the Mink layers later. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,

I only used 3 vehicles because young boy was turning 3. Then put the non-stop fun stop sign in the corner. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,
Close up shows the edges. Below shows how nothing much shows when you pull all the coloured sections apart. It all looks a mess but its a puzzle that works again when put together. 
#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,
Then I layered the Mink in between each of the layers and stuck them back together. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,

Inside I wanted to do a pop up so I cut a bit of lagoon cardstock at 4 inches wide by just under 6 inches long (it was a scrap that fit so I didn't measure). I scored at each inch along the section and folded up in the middle and down on the sides... valley fold on the sides and mountain fold in the centre. Then I decided to stamp the presents on each side from the Cake Day—Scrapbooking Stamp + Thin Cuts. Note to self: Stamp on this part BEFORE folding... stamping on a folded piece is not easy!

I also used Cake Day—Scrapbooking Stamp + Thin Cuts to cut the cake in Lemonade cardstock and stamp in black ink. Then I cut one of the candles off (only 3 candles required). Then I decided to do a cake on both sides so did a second one and cut off a different candle on the reverse side. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,
I adhered the pop up lagoon section with my favourite strong bond adhesive tape simply called Adhesive Tape. (see above, it has a red layer that you pull off when ready to adhere). 

I also added a dump truck in Sundance - fussy cut out. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,
It cast great shadows. 
#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,

The truck didn't really match but didn't look too bad and I cut the candles to show each side only having three candles. 

On the below side I also stamped the "Hooray! Hooray!" stamp on there (prior to sticking the items). I made sure adhesive only on the bottom of the first side and on second side only to place it where the stamps are touching so no adhesive sticking out. If I made a mistake I could correct with Anti-static Pouch to remove stickiness. 

 #CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,

Finished off the inside with the tire tread stamp set and White Gel Pens drawn on the front to create a road. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, Birthday, cardmaking, stamping, cars, trucks, pop-up, road, stop, fun, technique, retired, commission,


 Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #492. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia

#CTMHVandra, color dare, Cricut Design Space, #ctmhasyougrow, cricut, Jennifer Maker, Flower Market, Birthday, papercraft, 3D, Kraft, gold, gifts,


3 comments:

  1. What a great pop up card for a 3 year old! He's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done this technique before and I love the way you used it and the inside popup is fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super clever pop up card and the staggered layered stamping is fabulous (probably not the correct terminology for it but it’s my description!). X

    ReplyDelete