Friday 17 March 2023

Colour Dare #540 Fancy Five

 

#CTMHVandra, horse, cat, birthday card, Colour dare, meowgical, stamping, stampaganza, tone-on-tone stamping, party, background elements, cardmaking,
Our Colour Dare Challenge for #540 is a Four Square Board. You need to choose at least 3 colours from the above photo. You are also free to use all Neutrals and Metallics. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #540 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

This challenge I wanted to focus on Stamping because this month Close to My Heart has a stamp special.  Stamptacular savings of 35% on My Acrylix® stamp sets and up to 60% on Stamp + Thin Cuts sets! So I pulled out 4 colours and 4 stamp sets and 4 inks. 

I pulled out Ballerina Cardstock and Ink, Sage Cardstock and Ink, Toffee Cardstock and Ink & Sapphire Cardstock and ink. The four stamp sets I chose were Meowgical Stamp + Thin Cuts,  For All Occasions Stamp SetPretty Little Ponies Stamp + Thin Cuts (only a few left), Background Elements Stamp Set. To do Tone-on-tone stamping. 

I cut the 4 cardstock colours into 1.25 inches x 4.125 inches. 

#CTMHVandra, horse, cat, birthday card, Colour dare, meowgical, stamping, stampaganza, tone-on-tone stamping, party, background elements, cardmaking,

#CTMHVandra, horse, cat, birthday card, Colour dare, meowgical, stamping, stampaganza, tone-on-tone stamping, party, background elements, cardmaking,
I used the For All Occasions Stamp Set (shown above) with Sage Cardstock and Sage Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad. Note: I did some stamp surgery by cutting the Party Time stamp set in half with scissors. If you don't want to do that, you'll just need to mask it off each time. 

#CTMHVandra, horse, cat, birthday card, Colour dare, meowgical, stamping, stampaganza, tone-on-tone stamping, party, background elements, cardmaking,
I used Pretty Little Ponies Stamp + Thin Cuts (shown Above) [only a few left so hurry if you want the pretty ponies!!] with Toffee Cardstock with Toffee Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad

#CTMHVandra, horse, cat, birthday card, Colour dare, meowgical, stamping, stampaganza, tone-on-tone stamping, party, background elements, cardmaking,
The Meowgical Stamp + Thin Cuts (shown above) I used with Ballerina Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad  on Ballerina Cardstock but the pink was so faint it was too hard to see, so I went over it with Toffee Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad. You can sort of see the pink behind it. 

I spaced out the 4 strips of card and adhered them with Air Touch Adhesive so they are flat to the White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack card. 

#CTMHVandra, horse, cat, birthday card, Colour dare, meowgical, stamping, stampaganza, tone-on-tone stamping, party, background elements, cardmaking,

To finish the card off I put the BIRTHDAY stamp from For All Occasions Stamp Set with Sapphire Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad on White Daisy Cardstock. I attached it with 3D Foam Tape and put gold embellishing thread and gold glitter gems from my stash. 

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #538. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au


6 comments:

  1. What a fun way to show off our colors! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling layout with the panels! Great way to show off the stamps & the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely design! Great make for Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and love the stamping on all the panels, great idea for the sapphire smudged stamped panel. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tone on tone panels. What a super sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra, this card design is great. I almost ordered that background set the other day....now I'm gonna have to get it!

    ReplyDelete