Friday 24 March 2023

Colour Dare #541 Shades of Grey plus 2 Colours

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare,  celebrate, #ctmhCosette, grey, Silver, banner, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, cardmaking, celebration, sketch, linen, charcoal, pewter, stamping,
Our Colour Dare Challenge for #541 is Shades of greys plus 2 colours of your choice (Black, white and metallics free to use but NO other neutrals). When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #541 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

I had some scraps left of a paper pack coming next month called Cosette from the April–June 2023 Catalogue. So I used a scrap of Pine Green paper from Cosette (Under the Celebrate sentiment) and some Mist blue design from a Zip Strip from Cosette (The grey/blue banner with white lines on it). You'll have to wait until 1st April to see the new catalogue - No Joke :) 

Okay to start my card I pulled out my favourite grey colours...  

Charcoal CardstockPewter Cardstock and Linen Cardstock. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare,  celebrate, #ctmhCosette, grey, Silver, banner, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, cardmaking, celebration, sketch, linen, charcoal, pewter, stamping,


Using the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge 517 as a basis for my design... I cut half an inch off each of the 3 cardstocks (or scraps already cut to half an inch) then cut them to 2 inches long. I used the backs and fronts of all 3 cardstock EXCEPT I realised that the dark side of Pewter is basically the light side of Charcoal so I didn't double up on those. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare,  celebrate, #ctmhCosette, grey, Silver, banner, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, cardmaking, celebration, sketch, linen, charcoal, pewter, stamping,
Charcoal

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare,  celebrate, #ctmhCosette, grey, Silver, banner, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, cardmaking, celebration, sketch, linen, charcoal, pewter, stamping,
Pewter

I went along and put the half inch strips along the bottom of my White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack card. Technically there should have been exactly the right amount of space so obviously some of my scraps were cut slightly less or more than half an inch so my spacing didn't line up as well as it should have... so I lined them all up from each side and stuck the last dark side of charcoal on last to even the weird spacing. It is centered so I don't hate it. 

Finished the grey off that base section with some Silver Shimmer Trim (as a shade of grey and a metallic). 

The title Celebrate is from For All Occasions Stamp Set. I stamped that in 
Charcoal Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad on White Daisy Cardstock. 

I used the Pine patterned paper from Cosette to back it and some leftover Charcoal Cardstock and the Mist Coloured zip strip with white stripe from Cosette as pennant banners. 

I put them up higher than the sketch because the sentiment was smaller and I didn't want to cover the silver shimmer trim. I adhered the two banners on flat and the Celebrate sentiment up on 3-D Foam Tape.

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare,  celebrate, #ctmhCosette, grey, Silver, banner, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, cardmaking, celebration, sketch, linen, charcoal, pewter, stamping,

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #541. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au











16 comments:

  1. I love your card! The softness of your colors makes a great look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I did want to make the grey the focus which I think I did :)

      Delete
  2. Great way to interpret this challenge - love that the greys are the focal point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I did want to focus on greys our cardstock is so clever with two sided giving lots of variations.

      Delete
  3. Great way to incorporate the greys into your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, creating my own feature with cardstock is my favourite way to use our paper.

      Delete
  4. Lovely card. It's got a masculine feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard to create masculine cards so I didn't want to add pink which usually goes great with grey.

      Delete
  5. Great way to use the grays and silver and perfect for the sketch this week. Thank you so much for joining in the challenge at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dena, the sketch was a great inspiration for my card. Creating something grey shades and masculine.

      Delete
  6. Pretty card! I love all the grays and the silver strip works so well with them! Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I enjoyed creating with the sketch this week.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous card, great way to showcase all the different greys and the silver shimmer trim adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I love a bit of shimmer trim!

      Delete
  8. This is one of my favorite techniques when doing a color shades challenge. I love our double sided card stock. Great take on the sketch. The Pine is very pretty choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right... the double-sided card stock is awesome for shades of challenges.

      Delete