Friday 31 March 2023

Colour Dare #542 - Lucky 7

 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, stamping foam, birthday card, peach, papaya, Candy Apple, pearls, C1950, melon, Glacier, thin cuts, thank you, for you,

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #542 is Lucky 7 Choose at Least 3 (All neutral and metallics free to use). When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #542 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

I pulled out my Peach Exclusive Inks™ Stamp PadPapaya Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad and Candy Apple Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad. I had earlier created a fun Stamping Foam impression with the Floral Slimline Embossing Folder and used that. Stamping Foam is SOOOOooooo FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, stamping foam, birthday card, peach, papaya, Candy Apple, pearls, C1950, melon, Glacier, thin cuts, thank you, for you,

*Posted this to my Instagram & Facebook showing both sides of the embossing folder with the stamping foam. Colours are Melon and Glacier with the For You Thin Cuts

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, stamping foam, birthday card, peach, papaya, Candy Apple, pearls, C1950, melon, Glacier, thin cuts, thank you, for you,

For this card today's challenge I decided I liked the more solid stamp image so I used my Peach stamp pad to ink up about half the block. Then I rubbed the Papaya along the middle and finished with Candy Apple Ink as per below. Then I stamped it down on White Daisy Cardstock. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, stamping foam, birthday card, peach, papaya, Candy Apple, pearls, C1950, melon, Glacier, thin cuts, thank you, for you,

Once I stamped the 3 toned image I cut it down with a slight white edge, I added layers of Peach Cardstock , Papaya CardstockCandy Apple Cardstock (full size of the White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack). 

I stamped the Happy Birthday from the You Deserve It All Stamp Set with Candy Apple Ink on White Daisy Cardstock. I edged the square with Peach ink to give it some definition. I adhered it with 3D Foam Tape. 
#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, stamping foam, birthday card, peach, papaya, Candy Apple, pearls, C1950, melon, Glacier, thin cuts, thank you, for you,
To finish it off I used Melon Pearls which go great with Peach and Papaya colours (somewhere in the middle). This is colour of the year so they will be retiring in the middle of the year. They're so pretty. 
#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, stamping foam, birthday card, peach, papaya, Candy Apple, pearls, C1950, melon, Glacier, thin cuts, thank you, for you,

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #542. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au

7 comments:

  1. Vandra your card is wonderful. I love the blend of colors for your background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that was the fun bit for me. Blending on the foam.

      Delete
  2. Love what you did with your stamping foams, and your card came out so pretty. I had played with something similar quite some time ago, but I'm going to have to put this on my order next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stamping foam is a LOT of fun. Totally have a play, so many uses and if you want a new pattern you just heat it up and press again.

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Well done! Love Daena

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh so pretty. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Just received my stamping foam-can't wait to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete