Friday 7 April 2023

Colour Dare #543 Black and White plus One Colour

 

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhCosette, flowers, mulberry, shimmer trim, sponging, Black & White, Colour dare, Black, Thankful, thank you,

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #543 is Lucky 7 Choose at Least 3 (All neutral and metallics free to use). When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #543 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

I've been creating with Cosette Scrapbooking Workshop Kit so when this challenge came up I thought oooh I love the Mulberry coloured paper. 

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhCosette, flowers, mulberry, shimmer trim, sponging, Black & White, Colour dare, Black, Thankful, thank you,

I cut the mulberry lined paper into 4x 5.25 inch square and inked the edges with Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad. 

I cut an oval with the Cosette—Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts
and used a Round Sponge cut into wedges to ink the edge of the oval with Mulberry Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad. Then I stamped on the oval with the flower stamp and thankful title in Black Ink.
#CTMHVandra, #ctmhCosette, flowers, mulberry, shimmer trim, sponging, Black & White, Colour dare, Black, Thankful, thank you,

I used an offcut of Mulberry Cardstock cut to 4.25 inches wide sitting across the card. I wanted to line the edge of the mulberry cardstock but the Black Shimmer Trim from my stash I had was too wide, so I decided to split in half. You cut it to the right length and stick it onto the base of the Aluminum Cut Rail Paper Trimmer across both sides and then slice it in half. 

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhCosette, flowers, mulberry, shimmer trim, sponging, Black & White, Colour dare, Black, Thankful, thank you,

I was able to finish with an uneven number of the Black & White Dots

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhCosette, flowers, mulberry, shimmer trim, sponging, Black & White, Colour dare, Black, Thankful, thank you,

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #543. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet card. Love that the flowers were kept uncolored. It really adds to the soft, vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I could have coloured the flowers too but felt that they didn't need it.

      Delete
  2. I love how you have softened the black with your pastel patterned papers and the sponged edges with pink too... pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for the idea, it was similar to the CTMH launch cards, they sponged the edges.

      Delete
  3. This is very elegant with the black and white focal point on the flowers. Super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawwww... thanks for calling it super pretty. That is so kind of you.

      Delete
  4. I love this look! Soft and pretty with the pink. Love that you left the flowers uncolored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pink in mulberry it suits they black/white and grey colours so nicely.

      Delete
  5. Love how you used the flowers on the the oval! Beautiful Card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea isn't entirely mine, the idea was inspired from the CTMH launch cards. Similar ideas from the CTMH design team....but thank you for your compliments I'll take 'em!

      Delete
  6. Vandra, this is such an elegant, shabby chic card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete