Friday 30 June 2023

Colour Dare #555 - Four Square

 

#CTMHVandra,Colour dare, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, sketch, Candy Apple, sapphire, sage, Butterflies, butterfly, #ctmhthincuts, thin cuts, birthday card, celebrate,

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #555 is a Four Square (You need to use at least 3 of the colours from the above picture). Plus.... Black, white, neutral and metallics free to use. When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #555 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).


I Chose my colours Sapphire, Candy Apple and Sage and pulled out my cardstock and inks in those colours. Then I decided I needed more creative inspiration so I checked out the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and found their latest sketch 531. Click here to get to the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge page

Look below for the sketch. I picked some main elements like the frame, the diagonal lines on the top half. The banner in the middle and the 3 design elements with tails (balloons) but I decided to change them up with butterflies. The Sentiment with a larger and then smaller on the banner. These are the elements I chose to follow from the sketch as best I could. 

#CTMHVandra,Colour dare, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, sketch, Candy Apple, sapphire, sage, Butterflies, butterfly, #ctmhthincuts, thin cuts, birthday card, celebrate,

I pulled out my White Daisy Cardstock and cut half of it with Stitched Lattice Background Thin Cuts but it didn't have the diagonal lines so I cut Sapphire Cardstock in very thin strips (like one 8th maybe) and I stuck them on between the little flowers. I backed the White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack card with Sapphire Cardstock 5.5 x 4.25 inches. 

#CTMHVandra,Colour dare, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, sketch, Candy Apple, sapphire, sage, Butterflies, butterfly, #ctmhthincuts, thin cuts, birthday card, celebrate,

I created a little frame for the bottom of the card by getting a piece of white daisy cardstock at 4 inches wide and about 3 inches high... I cut about a frame about the 8th of an inch wide too on 3 sides and stuck it up under the diagonal stripes part. To cover the edge I used the banner.

I grabbed my scraps of Sage Cardstock and cut a piece that was 4.25 wide with my scissors into a banner on both edges. I adhered the banner and then trimmed the sides of top where it stuck out from the banner. Then I Stamped in Sapphire Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad from two stamp sets the Celebrate from For All Occasions Stamp Set and the HAPPY BIRTHDAY from the You Deserve It All Stamp + Thin Cuts.

#CTMHVandra,Colour dare, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, sketch, Candy Apple, sapphire, sage, Butterflies, butterfly, #ctmhthincuts, thin cuts, birthday card, celebrate,

For my 3 balloon images I used the small Butterfly thin cut from Layered Butterflies Thin Cuts. I cut them in White Daisy Cardstock and used my Round Sponge (cut into wedges) to sponge Candy Apple Exclusive Inks™ onto the butterflies. The first one was very wet ink so it turned out a lot darker... after the first one I used a lighter hand but I did like that they have variations in their colours. 

I drew with my Black LePen™ some lines for the butterflies but I kind of covered them up. The dark red butterfly and the top lighter one were stuck with Air Touch Adhesive and the bottom butterfly was adhered with 3-D Foam Tape for that added dimension.
#CTMHVandra,Colour dare, Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge, sketch, Candy Apple, sapphire, sage, Butterflies, butterfly, #ctmhthincuts, thin cuts, birthday card, celebrate,

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #555. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au


11 comments:

  1. I love how you added the stripes, so smart! Your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty and I really like the use of half of the cover plate for the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely interpretation of the sketch and the butterflies really stand out. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vandra this is a great card. I love the way you did the top half of the card. The butterflies are a super pretty part of the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterflies are so pretty against the blue and white. Very pretty card, Vandra. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you created the diagonal stripes is so clever. Very nice job. The butterflies are beautiful - I like the variation of color. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I love how you used the thin cut background to create the stripes! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card. I love the butterflies and the classy background. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, TSOT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oohh Vandra, this is such a pretty card. The butterflies and stripes are great together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the stripe treatment on the background thin cut-genius! Great use of the sketch & the colors.

    ReplyDelete