Wednesday 20 April 2016

Seasonal Expressions 1 Last Chance CTMH Australasian Blog Hop

Welcome to our Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop featuring Our Favourite things from the Seasonal Expressions Catalogue/Ideas bookAlmost everything in this ideas book Catalogue is going to be retiring at the end of April. TEN DAYS TIME... Is anyone panicking?? or is it just me??  

If you have arrived here from Tanya Armitage - Happy papercrafting then you are in the right place. If you landed here another way, please join in by following the link at the end of this post. Follow the links, check out all the amazing ideas and eventually you'll come right back here to where you started.

My Favourite section of the Seasonal Expressions 1 catalogue was the one I've just been working with this month, the Regatta section. I really love the stamp sets in this section. I started with a 12" X 12" sheet of Kraft Cardstock and I cut it into three cards that folded to 4 inches x 5.5 inches (leftover strips of cardstock shown). 


I used the leftover Regatta Paper from the Workshops Your Way™ Regatta Scrapbooking Kit and zip strip. Plus I printed the Happy Birthday Matey and Pirate in Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad from the Pirate Birthday


I used the Pirate Birthday stamp set in a few cards because its just so cute! 

I finished this card with the Regatta Complements from the Workshops Your Way™ Regatta Scrapbooking KitI coloured in the mini little pirate with Shin Han Markers

Next (above) I used a peice of Watercolor Paper that I had already painted with a variegation technique using the Close to My Heart Watercolor Paints and Paintbrush SetWhen I am painting I like to paint lots of extra paper to use for varying projects later. All I did to finish this card off was stamp the images from the Pirate Birthday on the front. Its one of my favourite cards. Simple yet artistic. 


This next card I made (above) was using a mix of the Pirate Birthday and My Anchor stamp sets which are both really cute. The "nothing but blue skies ahead" title was a zip strip cut down from the Workshops Your Way™ Regatta Scrapbooking KitThe anchor and paper were also from that kit. I created the "Happy Birthday Matey" banner with 12" X 12" White Daisy Cardstock and my Non-stick Micro-tip ScissorsThe ink colour on this card with Sapphire Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad which is one of the Regatta colours. 
The next card I made with another pre-painted piece of Watercolor Paper that I had already painted using the Close to My Heart Watercolor Paints and Paintbrush SetOnce I painted the card, all I added with the images from the My Anchor stamp set in Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad all stuck on the 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" Colonial White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack.



I still had some pre-painted watercolor Paper that I had already painted using the Close to My Heart Watercolor Paints and Paintbrush SetThis time I wanted to use another stamp set that I loved from the Seasonal Expressions 1 Catalogue. It is a little M-sized stamp set called A Day for Mother
I had been shown some really great techniques at our last Fun Day and hadn't finished them off. So I decided having already painted them that I would make this a Mothers day card. I used Sapphire Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad.

 To finish off the card, underneath the edges I put Silver Shimmer Trim
I started off cutting it in half with my Non-stick Micro-tip Scissors but it was really fiddly and didn't look that great so on the sides I just used the full width of the shimmer Trim. I like the fancy edge it gave to the finished product. 


This was a really fun card to paint and finish off. 


My last card (above) was also pre-painted with watercolour and I added the Balloon Wishes balloon to the colour washed card and the A Day for Mother stamp underneath. These were really quick cards for me because I'd done all the work of the painting at the last fun day and I was just finishing them off. This card was also stuck on the 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" Colonial White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack.

Remember Regatta and these stamp sets are only available until the end of THIS MONTH so make sure you get it soon, so you don't miss out! Go to my website www.vandra.ctmh.com.au or your consultants website and order today. 

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest projects. I got really carried away with these stamp sets, they are just too cute! Don't delay getting your hands on these products, because they will soon be gone... HYPERVENTILATING (Although new products will becoming soon too, so I will hyperventilate over that excitement too!!). I'm really interested to hear what you think about it, so I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop on our Australasian Blog Hop which is Wendy Hopper Expressions of the Heart

  Come back to see me again soon.


10 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy! I especially like the Kraft one with the boat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren, I was busy. I'm glad you like the Kraft boat one.

      Delete
  2. That's my favourite too Lauren. Lovely ideas shared here Vandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! I love the lighthouse one the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy with the lighthouse one also.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Doris, I do love to have fun with my cardmaking!

      Delete
  5. Wow lots of fab ideas, too many I like to pick a favourite but I think I will have to give a couple of these ideas a go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them all Maz. I hope I've inspired you.

      Delete