Friday 29 May 2020

Colour Dare #396 Choose three colours

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhstitchedtogether, Birthday, cardmaking, pop-up, fancy card, stitched thin cuts, thin cuts, stamping, 3D, computer, laptop, desk, bunting, dots, color dare, Colour Dare Challenge,
Our Colour Dare Challenge for #396 is to choose at least 3 of the colours above. Plus Black, White and all neutrals greys are free to use. You are invited to participate in this challenge too. Go to the link for Colour Dare #396 and add your entry. 

The colours I chose to use were Linen, Charcoal, Peacock and Mint. I decided to make something a bit fancy for my son for his 16th birthday. He knew he was getting a laptop for his birthday but we hadn't purchased it yet so there was no present to unwrap. I wanted him to have a special card to open. When he opened it he was VERY impressed. I am glad to say he really did appreciate my extra efforts to make him this card. I'm so glad he knew I had gone to a special effort for him. 

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhstitchedtogether, Birthday, cardmaking, pop-up, fancy card, stitched thin cuts, thin cuts, stamping, 3D, computer, laptop, desk, bunting, dots, color dare, Colour Dare Challenge,

I found a template on Pinterest and then had to come up with measurements myself. The original ideas was found here. This was my working out :) it was messy :)

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhstitchedtogether, Birthday, cardmaking, pop-up, fancy card, stitched thin cuts, thin cuts, stamping, 3D, computer, laptop, desk, bunting, dots, color dare, Colour Dare Challenge,

I started with Linen Cardstock and cut the card 7 inches x 10 inches to get a 7x5 inch card base. My Charcoal Cardstock was cut at 5 inches by 6.5 inches - then I scored it at 2 inch increments with a half inch slot extra for tabs. Then I cut a 2inch wide gap. I scored this on the dark side of the charcoal and then cut drawer fronts from the light side of the charcoal. The drawers were half inch high by 1.25 inches wide and the middle one was 2 inches wide. I sponged the edge of the Charcoal Cardstock drawers with Charcoal Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad.

Then I finished off the drawers with white dots from the Black & White DotsTo make my laptop I cut squares of  Peacock Cardstock and used a corner rounder to round the edges of the "laptop". Then Cut a Linen Cardstock smaller square and rounded it. 

I stamped Peacock Exclusive Inks with an older birthday stamp which had numbers and birthday stamps. I freehand cut a "mouse" and curled it over and added a tiny dot of 3D foam tape to have the laptop mouse be 3D. I drew with a black pen some lines for the mouse and some lines for the keyboard (very roughly). 

Adhering it all to the linen carstock. I added a back ground from the 
Stitched Together Paper Packet  the mint dots. Then I cut a Mint Cardstock large circle for the "mat". To make the banner I freehand cut triangles and stuck them on with 3D foam tape and Mink Twine with smaller white dots from the Black & White Dots.
#CTMHVandra, #ctmhstitchedtogether, Birthday, cardmaking, pop-up, fancy card, stitched thin cuts, thin cuts, stamping, 3D, computer, laptop, desk, bunting, dots, color dare, Colour Dare Challenge,


#CTMHVandra, #ctmhstitchedtogether, Birthday, cardmaking, pop-up, fancy card, stitched thin cuts, thin cuts, stamping, 3D, computer, laptop, desk, bunting, dots, color dare, Colour Dare Challenge,

On the front of the card I used Block Alphabet Thin Cuts and number thin cuts and cut out the Peacock cardstock. Then I used the Stitched Circles Thin Cuts cut out of the same Stitched Together Paper PacketPut up on 3D foam tape.


 I then used the Happy Birthday thin cut and created a second card front for a second card front, sticking each tiny bit inside. I love getting two for one. 

#CTMHVandra, #ctmhstitchedtogether, Birthday, cardmaking, pop-up, fancy card, stitched thin cuts, thin cuts, stamping, 3D, computer, laptop, desk, bunting, dots, color dare, Colour Dare Challenge,

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Color Dare Challenge #394 too. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my card, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon. If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia

4 comments:

  1. Love your pop-up card and so appropriate for a teen Happy Birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing pop up card! I love your colors making it a perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Vandra! What a wonderful surprise to open a card like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your son was very impressed. This is a brilliant card. Loved your working out too! Great contribution to Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete