Friday 14 April 2023

Colour Dare #544 - Triple Play

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, peach, harbour, rosemary, stamping, Stamp of the Month, Birds, Birthday, birthday card, blending, fussy cutting, paper piecing, border stamp,

Our Colour Dare Challenge for #544 is a triple play. You must use ALL three colours, Peach, Harbour & Rosemary (Black, white, neutral and metallics free to use). When you are creating for more than one challenge please make sure your project meets our requirement. Most importantly - have fun!  Go to the link for Colour Dare #544 and add your entry. When you submit your entry you must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. There are LOTS of ways to enter either a Blog Post or post to an online gallery (Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram etc), more details on the Colour Dare Blog post (see link above).

I started with the Sweet Tweets—April Stamp of the Month because I thought it would be great as a paper pieced with Peach CardstockHarbour Cardstock, and Rosemary Cardstock. I stamped the middle bird on each of the colours with Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad and fussy cut them out. I decided it looked like a Robin Red breast so thought I would make that part the Peach colour.  

ALL the cardstock is on sale this month April 2023 called Cardstock Carnival. This month only, save 15% on single-colour cardstock packs, 20% on a selection of exclusive combo packs, and 30% on our Cardstock Carnival Super Bundle, which comes with SEVEN sheets each of our exclusive colours—that’s 301 sheets of cardstock! Details can be found here. CARDSTOCK CARNIVAL LINK!

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, peach, harbour, rosemary, stamping, Stamp of the Month, Birds, Birthday, birthday card, blending, fussy cutting, paper piecing, border stamp,

I thought perhaps I could darken the edges of the "breast" and beak so I used the 

Blending Brushes with Peach Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad... but it didn't really turn out how I wanted. Due to that I didn't bother to blend any ink on the other paper pieced parts.


#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, peach, harbour, rosemary, stamping, Stamp of the Month, Birds, Birthday, birthday card, blending, fussy cutting, paper piecing, border stamp,

I also stamped the centre bird onto a white cardstock piece 2.75 x 2.75 inches and then layered the peach cardstock and Rosemeary cardstock on top. Then I matted the whole square with a 3 inch x 3 inch square of Harbour cardstock. I had done the square and then thought... What am I going to do with a 3 inch square so I looked up Pinterest and found an idea... 

Click here to see the design I found that I was inspired by - Pinterest design - https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/363736107415793846/

The part I liked was the folded corner. So I folded down the corner of a White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack. On the underneath base I used Peach cardstock. I cut the corner of the 5.5x4.25 inch full bit of peach cardstock. Later I ended up attaching the peach corner back on underneath the cutout section but I flipped it over for the darker side to be showing. 

I also stamped the border footprints on the edge of that peach card in Black Ink and stamped the Birthday Wishes sentiment onto a white scrap. I then matted the scrap in dark side of peach, then harbour (light side) then Harbour, to finish it off. 

#CTMHVandra, Colour dare, peach, harbour, rosemary, stamping, Stamp of the Month, Birds, Birthday, birthday card, blending, fussy cutting, paper piecing, border stamp,

I am finding it hard to photograph peach because outside it looked very pink and inside it looked orange... trust me its Peach cardstock and peach ink. 

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my latest project. Hope you can join in the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge #544. I'm really interested to hear what you think about my project, so I'd love you to leave a comment. See you again soon, subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a challenge.

If you don't have a Close to My Heart Consultant (and you're in Australia) feel free to contact me either on this blog or via my website HERE.
Vandra Stenton, Close to My Heart Consultant, Perth Western Australia
www.vandra.closetomyheart.com.au

5 comments:

  1. I do like that fold and it's nice that you shared the link to your inspiration. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to take credit for someone else's idea, even though sketches are often shared :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure what captures me the most. That bird with a chubby yet so elegant tummy or the little bird prints along the side of your card. Super cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card...the layout...the way you used the colors...the paper piercing...I mean everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a cute card. I love th little birdie foot paints going up the side ❤️

    ReplyDelete